on Sunday, May 13, 2007

Random thoughts
The wait is almost over and next thursday i would be joining DNA. My journey till today has been unpredictable, guess it would have been the same for everyone. As a kid i was fascinated by injections, medicine and i dreamed to become a doctor. Then somehow didn't proceed in that direction and planned to become an engineer. When i passed my 12th standard, i succeeded in securing admission in an engineering college. But then things didn't work out properly, where i fell seriously ill and doctors advised me to take rest for at least six months.It was the terrible phase of my life, where everything looked dark and i felt there was nothing left. I am indebted to my mother who helped to come out of this rough phase. She was a pillar of support and life took a new turn. I was advised not to travel and exert, as my immune system was weak. Anyways things happen for good and three years later when i graduated, things were much better. Hold on, i wasn't an engineer but a journalist. These three years also enabled me to enhance my skills in veena and the gestation period in 2003, enabled me to research about music. My bonding with music strengthened then i assume.
When i joined ACJ, i was entering a new phase. Initially it was tough to stay away from family and of course from Mumbai. But as days passed by, things worked out properly. I had my own share of fun. I always dreamed to attend the season from day one and ACJ provided me that opportunity. I freelanced for kutcheribuzz. It was a great experience where i saw the real face of my profession. As a student of music and journalism, it was a great learning experience. But also saw the other side of journalism. But my editor supported me and gave me a free hand to write. Three months later, when i was placed in DNA, i was elated. But today as the day approaches i am clueless about my job. Things look completely different from where i began in the year 2003. It has been a smooth sailing,but may be i haven't sailed through storms. I know when i work, it would be completely different. One may wonder why i penned down these things. Even i don' t know. When i was wandering through the streets of matunga, yesterday, these thoughts hovered. I realised, life goes on irrespective of anything, but at every stage you learn, at least i learnt. So i rewind back but it taught me.

0 Comments: